At Emirates, Kinder Care Nursery families play a vital role in their children’s learning and development. Parents and caregivers have a wealth of valuable information and understandings regarding their children, and we recognize that they are their children’s first teachers. Parents and caregivers have a wealth of valuable information and understandings regarding their children, and we recognize that they are their children’s first teachers. Respectful two-way communication strengthens the partnership between the Nursery, Families, and Community through the following means:
• 1- Children’s Focus Letters “ These letters are emailed to parents, outlining the coming Themes and Activities that are planned within each classroom.
• 2- Parent-Teacher Meetings “ Twice a year teachers meet with parents during scheduled meetings to discuss their children’s Nursery days and lifestyle. This valuable meeting time formally strengthens the vital link between the home environment and the Nursery. We understand that parents are their children’s first teachers and therefore we believe this communication with parents is critical.
• 3- General Parent News Letters “ Upcoming Nursery Events and Relevant Themes are communicated through our parent newsletters.
• 4- Health Related News Letters “ These letters are emailed to parents when necessary with updates from the local media of the Ministry of Education, Abu Dhabi Health Authority, Civil Defense, Abu Dhabi Police, and Abu Dhabi Police Traffic Department identifying any current health and safety-related matters. We take the health, well-being, and safety of children very seriously and we keep informed of all health-related discussions of which we believe is our role in sharing with parents.
• 5- FACEBOOK- Emirates Kinder Care Nursery has a Public FAN Page we encourage parents to LIKE our FAN Page on https: //www.facebook.com/pg/Emirates-Kindercare-Nursery.
• 6- WhatsApp-we sends all the monthly planes, weekly activity, photos, videos, and information related to childcare.
• 7- Website- we encourage parents to like our Fan Page, that parent can visit at all time and check all updates about the nursery and its activities.
• Communication Strategies
Telephone meetings and face to face meetings, seem to be the most effective form of communication and may be among the most familiar. However, the establishment of effective nursery communication has grown more complex as society has changed. The great diversity among families means that it is not possible to rely on a single method of communication that will reach all homes with a given message. It is essential that a variety of strategies, adapted to the needs of particular families and their schedules, be incorporated into an overall plan. Some strategies to consider include: